What is Metabolic Efficiency and How Can Metabolic Profile Testing Help You?
Active Metabolic Profile Testing provides insight into your efficiency in utilizing fat stores as energy during exercise. Information received from various testing packages can be used to assist in the customization of individual exercise and nutrition strategies to improve…read more
Please note: All nutrition consults are scheduled directly with a recommended registered dietitian. Depending upon the dietitian you select, the consult can either be in person, via phone or virtual conference and will consist of the following:
- a review of test results
- discussion of nutrition and how it plays a role in metabolic efficiency
- recommendations and examples on how to adjust nutrition to improve metabolic efficiency
RESTING METABOLIC TEST $100 (1 HOUR)
This test is used to assess the amount of energy (calories) your body is using at rest and can be used to determine your daily caloric needs to maintain, lose or gain weight. The results of a Resting Metabolic test can also reveal whether your body primarily uses fats or carbohydrates for energy at rest. This test involves no exercise and will provide you with:
- Individual daily caloric expenditure at rest
- How efficient your body is at utilizing fat vs carbohydrates for energy at rest
- Assessment of your metabolic profile at rest
- Simple strategies on improving your metabolic profile
RESTING TEST WITH 45 MINUTE NUTRITIONAL CONSULT $225
Whether your goal is weight maintenance, weight loss or weight gain, the nutritional component of weight management has by far the greatest impact on your ability to meet your goals. If you are looking to improve performance via fuel optimization than your nutrition plan is of the utmost importance. Meet with a Registered Dietitian who will use the information provided by a Resting Metabolic Test to assist you in designing an optimal nutrition strategy to meet your needs.
ACTIVE METABOLIC PROFILE TEST PACKAGES
Stop guessing. Learn what’s going on “under your hood.” Metabolic Profile Testing provides insight into your efficiency in utilizing fat stores as energy during exercise. Information received from these test packages can be used to assist in customization of individual exercise and nutrition strategies to improve performance, weight management, body composition and overall health. Metabolic assessments are currently offered on a treadmill (running, walking or hiking), on a rowing ergometer or on your bike using a Computrainer system and offer some of the following information depending upon the test protocol:
- Appropriate exercise intensities and nutrition strategies to improve fuel utilization
- Exercise recovery intervals to maximize fat adaptation
- Nutrition parameters to reduce the risk of GI distress during training
- Optimal exercise intensity to ensure recovery and progression post-injury
- Customized training zones using heart rate or power/pace
- Customized hourly energy intake during exercise
- Fuel utilization and partitioning at varying exercise intensities
Appointment Time: 2 Hours; Exercise time: 30-60 mins.
ACTIVE METABOLIC PROFILE TEST S250
Consists of 1 bike, run or rowing ergometer metabolic profile test (2 hours)
ACTIVE METABOLIC PROFILE TEST WITH NUTRITION CONSULT $325
Consists of 1 bike, run or rowing ergometer metabolic performance test with one 30 minute nutrition consult
DUEL TEST PACKAGE $525
Consists of 2 bike, run or rowing ergometer metabolic performance tests with one 30 minute nutrition consult
- After implementing the recommended nutrition and exercise strategies, you will retest within 3 months of the initial test.
TRIATHLETE PACKAGE $950
Four assessments consisting of 3 stepped progression tests and 1 continuous test followed by one 30 minute nutrition consult
- You will complete an initial bike and run metabolic test within 2 weeks. The third metabolic profile test will be occur 8-12 weeks after initial testing and the test mode will be based upon the results of the initial bike and run tests. You will complete a continuous test 2 weeks prior to race day.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT/HEALTH MARKER IMPROVEMENT PACKAGE FOR THE NON EXERCISER $800
Consists of 2 bike or run/walk metabolic performance tests with one 30 minute nutrition consult and 2 sessions with an exercise specialist to develop an exercise program $800
- Following your initial test, you will have a 30 minute nutrition consult as well as a one hour session with the exercise specialist to develop an exercise program. You will meet with the exercise specialist for 30 minutes 6-8 weeks after initial testing to progress or adjust the exercise program. You will retest at 10-12 weeks.
RACE PREP/FUELING PLAN TEST $250 TEST ONLY, $325 WITH NUTRITION CONSULT
- Learn about your nutritional needs on race day. This is a constant exercise intensity test based on predicted race pace and terrain using your testing mode of choice. It is the optimal test for developing race specific nutritional strategies and is best performed within 2 weeks of your goal race.
Appointment time: 2 hours; Total exercise time from 60-90 minutes.
- A resting test can be added to any of the above packages for $75
- Additional test can be added for reassessment purposes at a 10% discount
- A metabolic profile test and packages can be customized to meet the needs of the client
- Sponsored teams receive a 10% discount on all services
EXERCISE SMARTER…NOT HARDER!
To request an appointment or more information please call (206)706-7500 or email email@example.com In order to better assist you, please review the intake forms and testing protocols in the links below. Please note that a deposit is required at the time of scheduling. Metabolic Assessment Intake Forms Resting Test Protocol and Consent Active Test Protocol and Consent
9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98115
M-Th: 7:00am – 6:30pm
Friday: 7:00am – 5:30pm
Subscribe to our Newsletter