Coronavirus Outbreak – Covid-19
Real Rehab’s Commitment to Client and Employee Safety
Real Rehab’s primary concern will always be the health and safety of our clients, visitors and employees. Real Rehab has been actively working with the medical community, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the WA Physical Therapy Association, the WA Department of Health and community networks to ensure we put in place the right safeguards and procedures related to the Coronavirus outbreak. Real Rehab will provide further updates on our response and precautionary measures as the situation evolves. Important Information for Clients:
- The single most important factor in successful physical therapy is completing your treatment. Real Rehab is open and continues to serve our clients via in-clinic sessions and Telehealth.
- We are committed to ensuring our clinic is following proper protocol for sanitizing and disinfecting treatment tables, exercise equipment, waiting rooms, doorknobs, telephones and other surfaces in general areas.
- We require staff, clients and visitors to practice preventative measures, such as washing hands and covering coughs/sneezes and wearing facemasks or cloth coverings to reduce the spread of all seasonal viruses.
- Real Rehab always has client safety in mind. We are following all cleaning and hygiene precautions recommended by the CDC. Our employees disinfect all surfaces on a regular basis, regardless of the coronavirus outbreak.
- All administrative staff and clinicians wash their hands with soap and water regularly and complete hand washing or utilize hand sanitizer between client contact. Our clinicians wear gloves during specific procedures and when caring for clients with compromised immune systems.
As a community, we all should be vigilant about the spread of germs. The best ways to protect yourself and those around you are to:
- Practice Respiratory Etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trash can. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your bent elbow.
- Practice Hand Hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% to 95% alcohol.
- Take Environmental Health Action: Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects like cellphones, keyboards and doorknobs.
We reserve the ability to re-schedule your appointment(s) two weeks out to protect the health and safety of our other clients, visitors and employees if:
- You or anyone in your household have traveled to areas with ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you develop fever with cough or shortness of breath within 14 days of your travel.
- You have had contact with someone who is suspected to have COVID-19 and develop fever with cough or shortness of breath within 14 days of your contact.
If you are limiting your exposure to the public or would like to reschedule your appointment for any other reason, we will be happy to do that. If you have any other questions about your visit or scheduling an appointment, contact us at (508) 721-0000 or visit our website at www.realrehab.com. If you think you may have been exposed to coronavirus or are experiencing symptoms, please stay home, contact your Primary Care Physician or the Seattle/King County Public Health Department and then call (206) 706-7500 to re-schedule or cancel your appointment.