TECHNIQUES WE USE
We offer a variety of traditional and not so traditional physical therapy services at Real Rehab Sports + Physical Therapy with the goal of helping you ‘Reach Your Peak’. Over the past 16 years, we have worked hard to assemble a team of thoughtful, smart, inventive and progressive therapists supported by their personal interests, drive for knowledge and our technology to provide you the best all round physical therapy care. Most of our services are listed below.
We use a combination of traditional physical therapy techniques including manual therapy, neuromuscular re-education, functional therapeutic exercise/activities, sports specific training, biomechanical analysis and education to help you reach your peak!
- Hands on method of assessment and treatment of soft tissue and joint structures.
- Our therapists have training in the following advanced manual therapy techniques:
- Institute of Physical Art;
- Ola Grimsby Institute;
- North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy;
- Postural Restoration Institute.
- Techniques used to facilitate muscle recruitment strategies for functional gains in movement, coordination, balance, endurance, posture, proprioception and control
THERAPEUTIC ACTIVITIES/EXERCISE (IN THE CLINIC AND AT HOME):
- Activities which are dynamic in nature with the intention of achieving improved functional performance – lifting, pushing, bending, reaching, posture…
- Techniques used to develop strength, ROM, endurance and flexibility.
We believe there is no ‘Cookbook’ method to that works for everyone. It is our job to decipher what your needs are in order to unlock your potential. We emphasize the prescription of individualized exercise programs both in the clinic and especially as a home program. Our patients expect to play an active role in their care.
SPORT SPECIFIC TRAINING:
- We combine our knowledge of the demands a particular sport places on the body with the abilities of the individual
- In all likelihood, one of our therapists has played your game. We all understand movement mechanics, can identify impairments that affect your performance and can assist you in getting back in play.
- Utilized to determine any inherent weaknesses, mobility restrictions or alterations in the performance of a specific movement or skill. This can range from a running analysis to a bike fitting to an analysis of a golf swing or a baseball pitch. It can also be the analysis of how you lift, carry, push or pull.
- To facilitate healing and the process for optimal healing;
- To impart knowledge on efficient movement, posture and mechanics with the end goal of injury recovery, prevention and return to activity;
- To provide self treatment techniques, movement and environmental modifications;
- Real Rehab physical therapists have this knowledge and take the time to impart it to their patients.
Make An Appointment
Real Rehab Sports & Physical Therapy
9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98115
Seattle, WA 98115
Friday: 7:00am – 5:30pm